As we are very close to the golf industry, we want to be your source for what is happening across the Illinois region in regards to the Covid-19 Cornavirus, how it pertains to golf and more importantly, how it can and will affect your golf outing plans.
We will update this page as we get calls, texts and emails from our golf course and industry insiders as to what is REALLY happening out there, from the perspective of those in the industry, not those in politics, so you can best plan your summer activities.
Effective JUNE 26th: PHASE 4
As Illinois prepares to enter “Phase 4” in the reopening of the state on June 26, 2020, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has published updated Phase 4 Golf Operational Restrictions.
Word on the street (direct from several golf courses) –
1. Several small events have been going as Tee Time events. A few courses have abused all rules since May 1st.
2. Many July events are planned on going off. August events and beyond are hoping for the best. Most have cancelled for the year and rescheduled scheduled for 2021
3. The problem for all events are as follows… (a). No congregating BEFORE or AFTER (registration & Awards after golf for food, drinks, awards, auctions as we know them just yet.) (b). Congregating while waiting for scoring will be not be allowed and therefore an issue for the foreseeable future. In fact, a few have done away with the golf course actually doing any scoring at all. There are golf courses and event coordinators that don’t want to touch used scorecards or even selling of raffle tickets. Several are using our ONLINE RAFFLE TICKET program to avoid this issue (c). Shotgun starts are still up in the air due to registration at the course “congregating”. (e). Registration will be a nightmare. You should use ONLINE REGISTRATION without a doubt. (f.) Most golf courses are still on 10 minute tee times. Please see item #6 below for our money making VIRTUAL & ONLINE FUNDRAISERS.
4. Golf outings should also expect considerably lower numbers of players attending due to the fact that bosses, owners and department heads will still not be sending as many, if any, salespeople out to events to socialize in this manner. They will not be comfortable in the risk with losing a key employee to the Coronavirus nor will they be apt to put the company in a position to be held accountable for a lawsuit as a result of their action, even if the virus was acquired in their local grocery store.
5. Start SECURING sponsorships right now for your potential golf outing if you haven’t already. With the virus – shortened outing season and the fact that small and smaller businesses have also been more than likely shuttered, they will be getting pounded by everyone right now. Don’t be disheartened. Work harder for your cause.
6. Please take a hard look at out all year round VIRTUAL and ONLINE FUNDRAISERS for all of your fundraising needs. We created these for you. If you need or want something special, let us know by calling us at 888-693-4001 or by dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see if we can create a custom virtual fundraiser for you!